A Facelift is the most comprehensive approach to treating wrinkles and sagging skin caused by aging or weight loss. A Facelift can correct deep cheek folds, jowls, loose skin on the face and neck and your skin will appear smoother, firmer and more youthful.
Common facial characteristics for facelift candidates are:
- Sagging skin in your midface and/or jawline
- Deep creases from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lines extending from each corner of your mouth down your chin (marionette lines)
- Volume in your face has fallen or is displaced
- Sagging and loss of muscle tone in the lower face, resulting in jowls
- Loose skin and excess fat under the chin and jaw creating a double chin
- Creased and sagging skin on your neck
- Prominent platysmal bands in neck
Dr. Lussier’s approach and technique to facelifts is to combine traditional surgical procedures along with modern non-surgical procedures. There are specific characteristics of heavy and sagging necks—prominent platysmal bands (the two strips of muscles that start at the base of your neck and run up the front left and right sides of our neck) and jowling (folds of skin along the jaw line) that are best addressed with surgery.
To add volume and reshape facial features, Dr. Lussier will use fat grafting (the transfer of fat from areas in which you have excess fat and inject it into areas of your face) or use other dermal fillers. In this approach, traditional procedures have been replaced with filling procedures.